Heavy Equipment Repair Ltd. is a supplier of Hardox® steel wear plates in Alberta, serving a large portion of western Canada.
What are Hardox® Wear Plates?
Hardox® wear plates are tough, hard, abrasion-resistant steel that can act as a wear plate, or a load-bearing component in many applications. Its hardness is unique to the Hardox® brand, due to the exclusive hardening process. Hardox® wear plate boasts a longer life, and a more consistent material than traditional AR plates.
The durability of Hardox® wear plates allow you to design structures that are not only wear-resistant, but strong and lightweight. This abrasion-resistant metal can be bent, formed and welded without losing its properties. It keeps a structure in shape without the structure becoming deformed.
The unique Hardox® wear plate is excellent for:
- Dump Truck Bodies
- Loading Buckets & Bulldozers
- Excavation Buckets
- Grading Blades
- Any wear plate application
We currently stock various thicknesses of Hardox® HiTuf, Hardox®450, Hardox®500, Hardox®550 and Hardox®600 plates. Not only can we supply the wear plates you need, we can cut, bend, roll, shear, break, machine, and weld Hardox® steel into almost any application you need.
Working with Hardox® Wear Plate
When you’re using Hardox® steel you want it cut right. We offer precision AutoCAD drawing, and CNC cutting capability. Our tables can handle parts up to 10′ wide and 40′ in length. Our burn table is equipped with both Oxy/Fuel and Plasma Capability. We also provide superior welding abilities of Hardox® wear plate.
The Hard Facts
Still not sure if you should choose Hardox® wear plate? This is why it should be your only choice:
- Hardox® steel can take heavy blows without becoming deformed.
- Hardox® wear plate will resist cracks if subjected to plastic deformation. If a local crack does occur, it will resist propagation.
- Oil sand bitumen, rocks, coal, minerals, scrap metal, and other hostile materials are no match for Hardox® wear plates.
- Hardox® wear plate can extend the service life of your equipment.
- Hardox® steel features hardness throughout the plate, not just on the surface, and as a result, resists becoming brittle.
- The wear-resistant steel can be thinner, which reduces vehicle weight. This contributes to lower fuel costs, increases truck payload, and allows fleets to carry more loads using the same vehicles.
The Bottom Line…
Using Hardox® wear plate will increase your productivity and your profits.
Contact us to get started on your next Hardox® project.
Heavy Equipment Repair
404 Balsam Rd.
Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0
Hours of Operation
Mon – Fri: 7am – 6pm
Sat : 8am – 3pm
24 Hour On Call Parts